My Week in Gratitude
1. My littlest Picky generally dislikes trying new things; in fact, he will scream and run the other way. I ended up making a Thai-style Veggie Burger (I was out of black beans for the black bean burger) and we strained our eyes looking at him side-wise as he actually tried it. He did not prefer it, but he tried it. And in my house, that is a miracle.
2. We had our typical monthly PTA meeting last night and hubby and I were dragged out to have drinks and snacks after-wise. Socializing is good for the soul, especially when it is with new people.
3. The Pickies and I hung out with some new friends yesterday. Love the promise of new friendship.
4. I picked up some new resale shop finds! I now have a new sweater dress and a shirt.
5. My niece had her baby yesterday. Honestly, it feels like yesterday that I was a teenager dressing her up in princess costumes and plotting the next Barbie Doll or bead set I was going to bring her. She is a lovely woman and I cannot wait to meet that sweet baby. Babies are a complete blessing.
6. Knitting class this week was good for my heart although 3/4 of my project had to be ripped apart. It was great to be able to chat with my buddies while teaching them the ins-and-outs of Pinterest and they gave me incredibly thoughtful Christmas presents. One of the presents has to be made, go figure, but take a look at this awesome iPad case my knitting teacher made me (in full fall Amanda-like colors!):
7. Although this morning has entirely consisted of bickering, the middle Picky just belted out a rendition of Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" with a full-on table drum solo during breakfast.
8. I changed my schedule up a little bit and was able to help out in the elementary school classes this week. It was really great because I haven't been able to get it together all year and the expressions on my little Pickies' faces were priceless. It was a good reminder that a little bit of time (and effort!) goes a long way.
9. Daddy told the littlest Picky that he should hurry so he can see Miss Karen at preschool and he whispered enthusiastically, "Can I wear my green preschool shirt?!" He loves his preschool shirts.
10. I am looking forward to ending the week with a date night and a pizza night with dear friends we haven't seen in a while.
It seems that the things that made me the most happy this week had to do with conversations and socializing with friends, both new and old. Maybe this is a reminder to take the time and nurture these relationships, even when life gets a little crazy.