Sunday, July 3, 2011

CSA Week #2

As I have already mentioned a million times before, I participate in a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture).  I basically pay at the beginning of the season and receive 18 weeks of freshly harvested organic produce.  To find a CSA near you, click here or visit your local farmer's market.  I actually went with one of the "well-known" farms and wasn't all that impressed...that's when I met my farmer at the market.  Now I pay substantially less and I have built an awesome relationship with her; it's nice to know not only WHO is growing our food but it's nice to be able to thank them.  


I apologize for not showing Week #1; I got so excited, I just put it away.  Michigan has had an...hmmpf...interesting spring and summer season so far.  We are a little behind but nevertheless, I am ecstatic about my fresh veggies.




This week's harvest:  Two pounds of strawberries, lots of kale, red leaf lettuce, radishes and spinach.

No comments: