Sunday, May 2, 2010

Meal Plans--Week of May 2nd :)

I decided to keep all of my meal plans in this really cool recycled notebook from Target.  That way I can keep it together with my recipes...what worked, what didn't, etc.  Little Man and I went to Whole Foods today...I was excited to see all my stuff on sale and I stayed around budget...woohoo!

Sunday 2: 
Breakfast:  Cereal
Lunch:  Out
Dinner:  Leftover miso udon soup, pumpernickel bread, salad

Monday 3:
Breakfast:  Carrot/apple muffins, yogurt
Lunch:  Sandwiches, apples
Dinner:  Curried chickpea and quinoa lettuce wraps, green beans, fruit salad

Tuesday 4:
Breakfast:  Cereal, banana
Lunch:  Bean burritos and quesadillas
Dinner:  Pancakes, scrambled tofu and roasted veggies

Wednesday 5:
Breakfast:  Leftover pancakes, yogurt
Lunch:  Buttered noodles, salad
Dinner:  Crockpot chickpea-barley stew, broccoli, homemade pita

Thursday 6:
Breakfast:  Coconut chai coffee cake, banana
Lunch:  Leftover stew
Dinner:  Quinoa corn chowder, salad

Friday 7:
Breakfast:  Coffee cake
Lunch:  Chowder and carrot slices
Dinner:  Homemade pizza, salad

Saturday 8:
Breakfast:  Cereal bars and applesauce
Lunch:  Out
Dinner:  Tofu and teriyaki green beans, fresh bread, fruit salad


I am trying to take advantage of leftovers this week...I *know* that cooking ahead saves time in the long-run so I am going to give it a shot.  :)  What are your plans this week?












          

2 comments:

Marcey said...

I so envy your organization. I always plan to meal plan, but never quite get there. I haven't had scrambled tofu in so long - yum. Would you mind sharing your curried chickpea and quinoa lettuce wrap recipe?

Amanda said...

Hi Marcey! I so envy your sewing abilities...I would love any input on where to start.

I wasn't all impressed with the recipe, I think I would have added more tomatoes, maybe some garam masala and served it cold...http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2010/04/ridiculously-easy-curried-chickpeas-quinoa.html#more-793

Let me know what you think!