Monday, May 17, 2010

Meal Plans Week of May 16th

I know what it feels like to not want to meal plan.  My husband and I went away for the weekend (first time in almost two years!) and the LAST thing I wanted to do was meal plan and go to the grocery store when we got home.  I was tired, I was irritable...but I knew we needed to eat.  :)  Here's my plan for the week:

Sunday 16: 
Dinner:  pizza

Monday 17:
Breakfast:  homemade granola, banana
Lunch:  miso soup with udon noodles
Dinner:  homemade refried bean burritos, chips and salsa, salad

Tuesday 18:
Breakfast:  homemade granola, banana
Lunch:  leftover bean burritos 
Dinner:  linguine "alfredo", broccoli, salad

Wednesday 19:
Breakfast:    toast with jam, yogurt
Lunch:  leftover miso soup
Dinner:  out for school fundraiser at Buffalo Wild Wings
(yes, I will have to eat something else!)

Thursday 20:
Breakfast:  coconut chai coffee cake
Lunch:  sandwiches
Dinner:  homemade pita, hummus and mujadra, salad

Friday 21:
Breakfast:  coffee cake and fruit
Lunch:  hummus wraps and carrot sticks
Dinner:  tostada pizza, salad

Saturday 22:
Breakfast:  cereal
Lunch:  grilled cheese sandwiches, apple slices
Dinner:  Leftovers...

It seems like it will be a good food week and I hope I don't have to make a trillion trips to the grocery store.  I have semi-sick boys and I tend to cater to their sicko cravings, so we will see what happens.  :)

If meal-planning freaks you out, start with just a couple dinners a week. 
Need ideas? 
Go to www.allrecipes.com and type in the ingredients you have for new recipes. 
The user reviews rock. 
Open a cookbook you have been wanting to try. 
Don't have time?  Bust out your crockpot and fill it with meat, veggies, whatever you want. 

Cooking doesn't have to be difficult if you plan ahead.  :) 

No comments: